7.01.2009

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - Ep. 1 Review

Hey, all. So a little while ago I posted a journal on this show: See here! :) It was a preview that kinda gave you a sneak peek at the show. So far, honestly... I like the preview WAY more than the actual show.

So, the show starts out, as all shows should (epic sarcasm) with a gratuitous panty shot.
The main character of the show is named 'Plug' because she, well... uses a big plug to help people. She uses a handy eyepiece to look into people's souls. If they're doing well (F or E) she leaved them alone. But, they are a C, that means they're doing pretty bad. I find it interesting that the method of grading goes BACKWARDS. F is the best, and A is the worst. Then, she electrocutes them with a big plug (by stabbing them through the chest) and they feel better. Wow... I can't believe I just wrote that.


Magically, there's one guy in the show that can see her. She's usually invisible to everyone in this realm. So, upon seeing a cute girl with "bunny ear plugs" on her head, he does the most normal thing -- -- -- beat her over the head with blunt objects for the rest of the ENTIRE EPISODE. I mean, am I supposed to like this? Is this supposed to be funny? I don't get it.


I also really don't like the character design of the main guy. What the heck is up with his nose?


Also.... and I not making this up, throughout the course of the show, girls pee themselves... a lot. Is this supposed to be sexy? I found it rather disturbing, and it kinda tuned my stomach. After the FOURTH (4th!!) shot of a girl peeing herself for some reason or the other, I was like, "Enough is enough!" >_<
At the end, the main guy's younger sister confesses that she loves him (like a lot... so much it's creepy) and decides that she wants to help around the house, and he should let her (so as to not baby her any more). They embrace as they have "grown from this experience" ...or something.

Wow.

This so far has been a pretty bad show, but it did keep my interest, which is more than can be said about other shows as of late (did someone say "Basquash"?) I'll give it a chance. If it improves, I'll be there. If not (and fast!) I'll be on to bigger and better shows.

Final Verdict: C (check out the sand castles at the end. Ha!)



If you've seen it, let me know what you think.

Much love, y'all. Talk to you soon! :)

-Mike C-

No comments:

Post a Comment